This lecture presentation considers the offence of rape contrary to s1(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and considers in detail the issue of consent.
The cases referred to include Flattery (1877); Williams ; Green ; Devonald (2008); R v B ; Jheeta (Harvinder Singh) ; Ciccarelli ; R v B (2006); Assange v Sweden (2011); F v DPP (2013) ; McNally (2013); Bree ; R v H (2007); Kamki ; R v B 
Duration: approximately 45 minutes.
Lecturer: Norman Baird
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in Criminal Law
- Criminal damage
- Defences – webinar 2021
- Failure of proof ‘defences’
- Fatal and non fatal offences – webinar 2021
- Non fatal offences – answering questions
- Non fatal offences – causing or inflicting psychiatric injury
- Non fatal offences – the issues
- Non fatal offences: infliction of HIV Q&A
- Property Offences Q&A
- Homicide: Loss of control
- Homicide quiz 1
- Fraud Act 2006
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Self-defence and prevention of crime
- Automatism and insanity
- Non fatal offences.