This audio presentation covers a number of important introductory issues including: sources of offences; the roles of judge and jury; the appeal process; the burden of proof; analysis of offences; elements of offences – actus reus and mens rea; strict liability.
Length of recording: 31 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Norman Baird
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in Criminal Law
- Criminal damage
- Defences – webinar 2021
- Failure of proof ‘defences’
- Fatal and non fatal offences – webinar 2021
- Non fatal offences – answering questions
- Non fatal offences – causing or inflicting psychiatric injury
- Non fatal offences – the issues
- Non fatal offences: infliction of HIV Q&A
- Property Offences Q&A
- Criminal Law MCQs
- Homicide: Loss of control
- Homicide quiz 1
- Fraud Act 2006
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Self-defence and prevention of crime
- Automatism and insanity
- Non fatal offences.