This series of audio presentations covers – in detail – the law relating to murder and involuntary manslaughter. In addition to the audio lecture presentations a number of self-test quiz questions are included.
As the lectures are extensive the recording has been split into separate lessons. The content of each lesson is displayed below.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: Common elements of murder and manslaughter
Lesson 3: Killing a foetus
Lesson 4: Introduction to causation
Lesson 5: Legal causation – general principles
Lesson 6: Legal causation – escape cases
Lesson 7: Legal causation – a reasonable act in self-defence
Lesson 8: Legal causation – medical treatment
Lesson 9: Legal causation – take your victim
Lesson 10: How to answer examinations raising issues of causation
Lesson 11: Murder – the mens rea
Lesson 12: Involuntary manslaughter – introduction
Lesson 13: Manslaughter by an unlawful act (constructive manslaughter)
Lesson 14: Manslaughter by gross negligence
Lesson 15: Manslaughter by gross negligence – a circular test?
Lesson 16: Reckless manslaughter
Lesson 17 Test yourself QUIZ including MCQs (38 questions)
Lecturer: Norman Baird
Duration: 160 minutes (approx)
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in Criminal Law
- Criminal damage
- Defences – webinar 2021
- Failure of proof ‘defences’
- Fatal and non fatal offences – webinar 2021
- Introduction to Homicide: webinar
- Non fatal offences – answering questions
- Non fatal offences – causing or inflicting psychiatric injury
- Non fatal offences – the issues
- Non fatal offences: infliction of HIV Q&A
- Property Offences Q&A
- Homicide: Loss of control
- Homicide quiz 1
- Fraud Act 2006
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Self-defence and prevention of crime
- Automatism and insanity
- Non fatal offences.