This lecture presentation covers assault, battery and offences contrary to section 47, section 20 and section 18 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
Topics covered include assault by words; assault by silence; conditional statements; the immediacy requirement; battery by omission; battery and psychiatric injury; bodily harm and wounding; assault occasioning actual bodily harm contrary to s 47 of the Offences Against the Person At 1861; the meaning of actual bodily harm; s 47 and psychiatric injury; malicious wounding / inflicting gbh contrary to s20 of the OAPA 1861; ‘wounding’; grievous bodily harm; an infliction of gbh where no force is applied; wounding / causing gbh with intent contrary to s 18 of the OAPA 1861; stalking and the OAPA 1861; the Crown Prosecution Charging Standards; Protection from Harassment Act 1997.
Includes online tests with feedback.
Duration: 61 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Norman Baird
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in Criminal Law
- Criminal damage
- Defences – webinar 2021
- Failure of proof ‘defences’
- Fatal and non fatal offences – webinar 2021
- Introduction to Homicide: webinar
- Non fatal offences – answering questions
- Non fatal offences – causing or inflicting psychiatric injury
- Non fatal offences – the issues
- Non fatal offences: infliction of HIV Q&A
- Property Offences Q&A
- Homicide: Loss of control
- Homicide quiz 1
- Fraud Act 2006
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Self-defence and prevention of crime
- Automatism and insanity
- Non fatal offences.