This lecture analyses and explores the modes of creating an express trust and gifts to individuals. Close attention is paid to significant judgments in definitive cases on the subject. At the end of the lecture students should be able to distinguish between perfect and imperfect trusts or gifts and understand the consequences of such distinction, including the operation of the equitable maxims, ‘equity will not assist a volunteer’ and ‘equity will not perfect an imperfect gift’.
Duration: 61 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Mohamed Ramjohn
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More lectures on the Law of Trusts
- Breach, tracing and third party rights webinar 2021
- Charitable, non charitable purpose trusts and secret trusts webinar 2021
- Liability of third parties
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts of the family home
- Constructive trusts
- Secret trusts
- Private purpose trusts
- Tracing Q&A
- Creation of express trusts
- Unincorporated associations
- Resulting trusts
- Constitution of a trust Q&A
- Exceptions to the rule that equity will not assist a volunteer.
- Constitution of an express trust