In this lecture on resulting trusts the following topics are considered: the classification of resulting trusts – ‘automatic’ and ‘presumed’ resulting trusts, failure of transfer of equitable title, Quistclose trusts, surplus of trusts funds, purchase of property in the name of another, voluntary transfer of property to another; the presumption of advancement; rebuttal of the presumptions; the admissibility of evidence of intended unlawful activity; the theoretical basis for resulting trusts, the views of Birk, Robert Chambers, Peter Millett and William Swadling.
Duration: 41 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Mohamed Ramjohn
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More lectures on the Law of Trusts
- Breach, tracing and third party rights webinar 2021
- Charitable, non charitable purpose trusts and secret trusts webinar 2021
- Liability of third parties
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts of the family home
- Constructive trusts
- Secret trusts
- Private purpose trusts
- Tracing Q&A
- Creation of express trusts
- Unincorporated associations
- Resulting trusts
- Constitution of a trust Q&A
- Exceptions to the rule that equity will not assist a volunteer.
- Constitution of an express trust