In this lecture the circumstances when a volunteer will be entitled to equitable assistance in order to perfect an imperfect gift or to constitute an imperfect trust are considered. Three exceptions to the general rule that equity will not assist a volunteer are examined – the rule in Strong v Bird; Donatio Mortis Causa (DMC) and Proprietary Estoppel.
Duration: 80 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Mohamed Ramjohn
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More lectures on the Law of Trusts
- Breach, tracing and third party rights webinar 2021
- Charitable, non charitable purpose trusts and secret trusts webinar 2021
- Liability of third parties
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts of the family home
- Constructive trusts
- Secret trusts
- Private purpose trusts
- Tracing Q&A
- Creation of express trusts
- Unincorporated associations
- Resulting trusts
- Constitution of a trust Q&A
- Exceptions to the rule that equity will not assist a volunteer.
- Constitution of an express trust