This presentation demonstrates how to answer a question asking whether an occupation arrangement amounts to a lease or a licence.
At each stage of the process, there is a list of ‘things to look out for’ covering not only the issues to be dealt with in the present question but also the other issues which could arise in questions on this topic.
Lecturer: Gianni Vuolo
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in Property Law
- Easements and co-ownership webinar 2021
- Mortgages and freehold covenants – webinar 2021
- Acquisition & priority of third party rights Q&A
- Adverse possession Q&A
- Proprietary estoppel
- Leases – nature and acquisition (the lease / licence distinction)
- Leasehold covenants – enforceability after assignment or sub-letting
- Leasehold covenants – types and remedies for breach
- Freehold covenants
- Acquisition of easements
- Characteristics of easements
- Co-ownership of property
- Creation and priority of interests Q&A
- Nature and creation of leases: the lease/licence distinction Q&A
- Types of proprietary right and their acquisition
- A structured approach to Land Law