In this series of lecture presentations Gianni Vuolo explains the law relating to express and implied co-ownership of land in detail, including the special rules applicable to co-ownership of a family home.
Co-ownership lectures 1 and 2: general introduction + express co-ownership
• introduction explaining generally how law gives effect to shared ownership of land.
• how interests as co-owners can be expressly acquired
• quantification of expressly acquired interests – whether held as a joint tenancy or a tenancy in common.
• differences in the rules where the express co-ownership is of a family home
Co-ownership lecture 3: implied co-ownership
• how interests as co-owners can be impliedly acquired (under resulting or constructive trusts)
• quantification of impliedly acquired interests
• differences in the rules where the implied co-ownership is of a family home
Co-ownership lecture 4: severance, regulation of the relationship between co-owners, position of married co-owners / civil partners.
This lecture covers three separate matters – applicable to both express and implied co-ownership:
• severance of an initial joint tenancy – its effect and how it can come about.
• the regulation of the relationship between co-owners – the powers of the trustees and rights of beneficiaries, particularly when the co-owners do not agree on how to deal with the property.
• the extra rights (in brief) of co-owners who are married / civil partners
Total duration: 125 minutes (approx)
- Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.