In this lecture presentation recorded as part of a live webinar Denis Edwards considers an examination concerning the protection of human rights within EU Law.
“It is sometimes said that the protection of human rights by EU law is subordinate to the main aim of EU law, which is economic integration. Discuss with reference to the emergence of human rights protections in EU law and the case law of the CJEU, whether or not you agree with this view.”
Duration: 56 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Denis Edwards
Order securely online and get immediate access to view the lecture.
More recordings in EU Law
- Freedom of movement & the EU and legal systems of member states webinar 2021
- Human rights webinar
- Supremacy and effectiveness
- EU Law and the legal systems of member states
- Free movement of persons webinar
- EU Law: the democratic deficit Q&A
- Supremacy and Direct Effect of EU Law