This recorded lecture presentation considers the law relating to Occupiers Liability and demonstrates how to apply it to a problem question. Issues covered:
Requirement of the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 and the Occupiers Liability Act 1984. A defect relating to state of premises; who can be sued; who can sue; visitors and trespassers; the standard of care; warnings; work done by independent contractors; defences.
Duration: 26 minutes
Lecturer: Tracey Aquino
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More recordings in the Law of Tort
- Breach of duty
- Causation and remoteness
- Common law torts relating to land.
- Defamation Q&A
- Liability for omissions
- Negligence – liability for words Q&A
- Negligence – psychiatric harm Q&A
- Negligence: economic loss
- Negligence: psychiatric harm
- Nuisance and Rylands v Fletcher Q&A
- Occupiers Liability Q&A
- Public bodies
- Tort part A 2019 – Mulheron: ‘Legislating Dangerously’