Charitable trusts are popular with examiners. This lecture provides a comprehensive analysis of the subject.
The following issues are highlighted.
- the registration requirement;
- roles of the charitable trustees, Attorney General, Charity Commission;
- privileges enjoyed by charities such as certainty of objects, the perpetuity principle, fiscal advantages and the cy-pres rule;
- the public benefit test;
- commentary on each of 13 charitable purposes;
- political purposes;
- Equality Act 2010;
- activities performed outside the UK;
- cy-pres principle including ss 62-66 of the Charities Act 2011
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Mohamed Ramjohn
Order securely online and get immediate access to the lecture.
More lectures on the Law of Trusts
- Liability of third parties
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts of the family home
- Constructive trusts
- Secret trusts
- Private purpose trusts
- Tracing Q&A
- Creation of express trusts
- Unincorporated associations
- Resulting trusts
- Constitution of a trust Q&A
- Exceptions to the rule that equity will not assist a volunteer.
- Constitution of an express trust