The audio lectures in this set of five presentations were recorded at the QED Law CLRI Revision Seminar which took place at UCL in March 2015. They combine audio recordings (around 2.5 hours) with full text power point presentations.
They address issues raised by questions published on the VLE and described by the University as “examples of the kinds of questions that will be asked in Part B” of the 2015 CLRI exam.
The issues covered include:
- the doctrine of precedent;
- statutory interpretation;
- the judicial role;
- judicial diversity;
- civil justice and adr;
- legal aid and access to justice;
- criminal justice: miscarriages of justice; police powers of stop and search.
The set of recordings does not include discussions of the case note exercise (part A of the exam) or the statute exercise (part C of the exam).
1. Although the lectures are audible the recorded audio is not of perfect quality. Please listen to an extract HERE.
Duration: 151 minutes (approx)
Lecturer: Tracey Aquino